- Duration: 39 Weeks
- Credits: 120
- Campus: City Campus
This programme will establish comprehensive knowledge, skills and standards of professional practice relevant to hospitality operations that support and enhance customer confidence and service delivery, as well as understanding the wider business environment including the integration, inter-dependencies and synergies that occur with the wider hospitality industries.
The overall aim of this programme of study is to stimulate and energise students to progressively build competence in applied hospitality management work practices including, operating procedures and compliance, business planning and marketing, enhancing the customer experience, communication and teamwork skills.
The Diploma encompasses the value of tumanakotanga by enabling students to meet aspirational goals in relation to learning, culture, employability and achieving personal potential. Graduates will be able to gain employment within a wide range of hospitality settings, e.g. cafes, bars, restaurants, catering organisations and niche providers such as My Food Bag.
For full course information - please click here
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful achievement of NCEA Level 2 with achievement of 10 credits in literacy at level 2 or above and 10 credits in numeracy at level 1 or above.
- A hospitality diploma in Level 5 or above in hospitality or associated field and one year’s work experience; or a degree of any discipline. OR
- Evidence of equivalent practical, professional or education experience – three years’ full-time work experience.
7 Papers with 120 credits
- Pathway to a range of hospitality Graduate Diplomas or Degrees
- Employment opportunities in hospitality management in a diverse range of settings. Eg. Cafes, bars, restaurants, catering etc.
- Guest Relations Officer
- Front Office Manager
- Banquet/Events Coordinator
- Room Attendant
- Sales & Marketing
- Activities Officer
HOSP6001: Professional and Information Skills for Enterprises
HOSP6002: Sales and Marketing
HOSP7001: The Destination Experience for Customers
HOSP7002: Work Placement
HOSP7003: Hospitality Management
HOSP7004: Supervision and Leadership