What student type are you?
Are you a New Zealand resident or international student? If you’re a New Zealander or citizen please use Domestic enrolment. If you live outside of New Zealand or are not a Resident or citizen or hold a visa to work and study in New Zealand, use International enrolment.
This Diploma is your key to a future developing the software for the next generation of hardware, apps, networks and more. Becoming a Software Development specialists could see you gain prized roles in IT that will take you into the true back-engine of IT technology and infrastructure. You could be called on to analyse and solve complex data scenarios, help designers build better user experiences, and much more. With a Diploma in Software Development, your future is in your hands.
This programme may be FREE* to study under the Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF). Click here
for more information. The TTAF fund will cover fees from 1 July 2020 until 31 December 2022.
What you can learn
- ICT Technical Infrastructure
- Introduction to Programming and Database
- ICT for Business
- ICT in Society
- Programming 1
- Programming 2
- Interface Design and User Experience
- IT Project Management
- Logical Database Design
- Physical Database Design
- Program Design and Construction
- Software Testing
- Software Development Practice
- Business and Process Modelling
- Mobile and App Development OR Game Programming
- Academic Entry: A computing certificate in Level 5 or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience or overseas high school certificate
- English Requirements (International students): IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or NZCEL Level 4 (Academic) qualification or other NZQA approved criteria.
If you require assistance in gaining the correct English Language proficiency, please visit our sister school, Seafield School of English.
This programme requires students to have access to a laptop/desktop that can connect to the internet with a web browser and a required minimum screen size of 10 inches. For device specifications, please talk to your Course Advisor.
*Conditions apply - get in contact with us to discuss. For more information about Youth Guarantee and Fees-Free, click here
Employment opportunities in a range of Software Developer roles:
- Software Testing
- Full-Stack Developer
- Front End Developer
- Back End Developer
- Data Engineer
- Mobile Developer
- UX Designer
- Computer Systems Administrator
What people say about us
"I was able to utilise my programming skills learnt during my studies at NZSE and adapt them to my employment. I enjoyed the opportunity to participate in IT projects relevant to my career."
Information Technology Graduate