Ask a
Click for more info

International Application Process

Applying with us is quick and easy!
Click your preferred option below to get started.
1. Complete Enrolment Form
Fill out our online enrolment form by clicking Enrol Now and answering a few simple questions to get you started.
2. Call us to chat about your options
We’ll drop you a line once we receive your application and set up a time for you to come in and meet our team.
3. Supply additional information
Some programmes may require a portfolio or other evidence for your application.
4. Finalise your details and fees
Check if you are eligible for fees-free and finalise your details. Our team can support you with this.
Once you are accepted for study, we will send you an 'Offer of Placement'.
There are certain entry and English language requirements for studying in NZ and we can help you with those.

You will need to apply for a student visa from Immigration New Zealand, and you will also need to pay the tuition fees in full before applying for a visa for New Zealand. If you apply from another country, you may be able to get an ‘Approval in Principle’ before paying course fees.


Entry Requirements
You must be 18 or older, and provide evidence of skills and interests relevant to the course you wish to take. If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate proficiency in English language. If you are under the age of 18, we suggest you checkout our FAQ for under 18 international students HERE, or get in contact with us.
English Language Requirements
Level 4 Certificates – IELTS 5.5 Academic (no bands lower than 5.0)
Level 5 Diplomas – IELTS 5.5 Academic (no bands lower than 5.0)
Other Diplomas and Degrees (Level 6 or 7) – IELTS 6.0 Academic (no bands lower than 5.5)

Equivalent results from alternative international English language tests are accepted (see below):
TOEFL (paper or iBT), Cambridge English Examinations, NZCEL, Pearson Test of English (Academic), City and Guilds IESOL, LanguageCert.

See this NZQA guide of up-to-date requirements for each New Zealand programme level and test here.

Medical and travel insurance

International students must have appropriate current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.

Important information

Studying and working in New Zealand
Information on visas and studying and working in New Zealand can be found on the Immigration New Zealand website.
If you have already completed a NZSE College qualification (e.g. a Level 5 and 6 qualification, or a Level 7 qualification), you may be eligible to apply for a Post-Study Work Visa, find out more information by visiting the Immigration New Zealand website here.
Fees protection policy
The New Zealand Government requires all private training establishments registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), to have some form of protection for fees paid to them in advance.

As a student of NZSE College your fees are deposited into the Public Trust’s student trust account and paid by Public Trust to the school throughout the duration of your study on a monthly basis. For further information visit

This means, in the unlikely event that NZSE College is unable to provide the course in which you are enrolled (this could be because of closure, insolvency, loss of NZQA accreditation or course withdrawal), the balance of your un-utilised student fees (including accommodation and living expenses if paid in advance) will be protected. You will have the choice to receive any remaining fees back into your account or have the amount paid directly to an alternative provider of your choice where you intend to continue your studies.
International student refund policy
NZSE College has policies and procedures relating to refunds as required by the Education Act 1989. Detailed information on time-frames for refunds and how much may be refunded can be found in our Student Handbook HERE.
Grievance procedures
If you ever feel unhappy about aspects of your studies, the first thing to do is to talk to international staff on campus, your tutor or the Head of Faculty. We also have free counsellors who can be booked if you need extra support. We’re here to help!

If you feel the issues have not been addressed, you may enter a formal process with NZQA for academic matters. Detailed instructions are found in the Student Handbook and a Code of Practice summary is provided at Orientation or on our website here.