Ask a
Click for more info

International Student Support

We want you to get the most out of your NZSE College experience. From arranging accommodation to meeting you on your first day and giving practical advice, our friendly, approachable team will support you and make sure you feel part of the NZSE College family.
International Student Support Staff
Each campus has a dedicated International Student Support Officer to assist international students and advocate on their behalf. Based at our Auckland campus, an IAA-licensed immigration adviser can also advise you on New Zealand immigration matters while you are here.
If you would like to stay in a homestay or student accommodation available in some cities, please indicate this during the admissions process so we can arrange it for you. During your stay our International Student Support Officers can assist with your own or your arranged accommodation, if you need it.
Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students
NZSE College has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. The Code of Practice is available in other languages here.
Check out the Immigration New Zealand website for information relating to all immigration matters, and for easy-to-read advice on working while studying in New Zealand. Remember to apply for your visa with enough time to have it processed before your course starts. You may not commence your programme of study until you have the correct visa allowing you to do so.
Health and Insurances - Eligibility for Health Services
Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services in New Zealand. If you need medical treatment while you’re here, you may be liable for the full cost. Find out more about entitlements to publicly funded health services on the Ministry of Health website.
Accident Insurance
The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Go to the ACC website for more information.
Medical and Accident Insurance
International students are required by the conditions of their student visa and by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students to have appropriate and comprehensive medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. We recommend the Southern Cross International Student Insurance policy, and can arrange cover for you for the duration of your visa. For more details, check out Southern Cross. NZSE College staff may assist with making claims or pointing you in the right direction for seeking medical treatment in New Zealand.
Working in New Zealand
All NZSE College campuses have a Careers Service Advisor who delivers employment skills workshops, assists you with creating a CV and works with industry providers to help find you employment. You can find more information about our Careers Support here.

Student support staff can assist with getting an IRD (New Zealand tax) number. Many students start off working part-time during their studies until they have the skills needed for work. Advanced students may find themselves stepping straight into industry work while studying. Key advantages for making this happen include having a fantastic portfolio or show reel, and good English communication skills.
Student Support is available 24/7 over phone and email
Phone: 021 658 220 or 0800 99 88 11

International Student Support team

Sara Gallego
Student Support (Auckland CBD)
Maxine Harwood
Student Support (Hamilton)
Kate Treadway
Student Support Manager
Phone: 021 658 220