What student type are you?
Are you a New Zealand resident or international student? If you’re a New Zealander or citizen please use Domestic enrolment. If you live outside of New Zealand or are not a Resident or citizen or hold a visa to work and study in New Zealand, use International enrolment.
Looking to get the know-how in keeping your community safe? This programme will give you the skills to be a great Security employee at an entry level, along with giving you a platform to pathway into higher studies within the Security industry and other related industries.
This course will allow you to achieve a Ministry of Justice security 'Certificate of Approval' (CoA). Applicants must be aged 18 or over and have no criminal record or have a 'clean slate'.
What you can learn
- Communicate effectively with security management and staff, clients, and the public, while carrying out security work.
- Conduct yourself professionally, and apply knowledge of New Zealand Law relevant to the security industry.
- Operate security equipment and technology while carrying out security work.
- Apply knowledge of confidentiality, corporate sensitivity, privacy and specific client requirements, to protect clients in a security context.Opportunity to get first aid certification.
After completing this programme you will be eligible to work at an entry level within the Security industry. Security officers/guards may work for:
- Private security companies
- Retail businesses such as department stores
- Banks and financial institutions
- Bars and pubs
- Museums and galleries
- Manufacturing and construction companies
- Sports and entertainment venues
- The Police
What people say about us
"My tutor was always encouraging me and so I just kept pushing myself to become better. I’m loving my new direction and career."