What student type are you?
Are you a New Zealand resident or international student? If you’re a New Zealander or citizen please use Domestic enrolment. If you live outside of New Zealand or are not a Resident or citizen or hold a visa to work and study in New Zealand, use International enrolment.
Security is booming in New Zealand as businesses look to keep staff, customers, and clients safe during these changing and sometimes challenging times and NZSE College runs one of the most sought-after security courses available due to its highly structured, practical and professional delivery approach. If you are looking to get into the security sector, then make sure you check-in with us.
This programme will give you the skills to be a highly capable and professional security employee and a platform to pathway into higher studies or move up within the Security industry.
This course will allow you to achieve a Ministry of Justice security 'Certificate of Approval' (CoA). Applicants must be aged 18 or over and have no criminal record or have a 'clean slate'.
What you can learn
- Communicate effectively with security management and staff, clients, and the public, while carrying out security work.
- Conduct yourself professionally, and apply knowledge of New Zealand Law relevant to the security industry.
- Operate security equipment and technology while carrying out security work.
- Apply knowledge of confidentiality, corporate sensitivity, privacy and specific client requirements, to protect clients in a security context. Opportunity to get first aid certification.
*Conditions apply - get in contact with us to discuss
After completing this programme you will be eligible to work at an entry level within the Security industry. Security officers/guards may work for:
- Private security companies
- Retail businesses such as department stores
- Banks and financial institutions
- Bars and pubs
- Museums and galleries
- Manufacturing and construction companies
- Sports and entertainment venues
- The Police
What people say about us
"My tutor was always encouraging me and so I just kept pushing myself to become better. I’m loving my new direction and career."