What student type are you?
Are you a New Zealand resident or international student? If you’re a New Zealander or citizen please use Domestic enrolment. If you live outside of New Zealand or are not a Resident or citizen or hold a visa to work and study in New Zealand, use International enrolment.
This programme will present students with a project to plan for, manage and recover from a civil emergency such as an earthquake, fire, flood or similar. Students will assume the roles of Emergency Response Services and will work in teams to produce portfolios of work - including the creation of a website. In keeping with the physical and mental demands of the emergency services all students will also participate in daily physical training and exercises with a military flavour to work towards being fit for purpose and ready to respond.
What you can learn
- Develop competency in basic Microsoft programmes
- Producing professional documents for business and community
- Communicate and reproduce information using business technologies
- Learn to provide administration services to a business or communities
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to work or gain employment in a wide range of roles across a variety of service sectors. These may include:
- New Zealand Defence Forces
- NZ Police, Fire or related trades
- Fitness industry
- NZ Army or Navy
- Trades work
- Employment across a range of sectors
What people say about us
"I was a high school dropout when I came to ATC and it was just such a massive change. The whole atmosphere and support kept me going, kept me on track."
Military and Vocational Prep Graduate