- Duration: 1 Year
- Credits: 120
- Campus: New Lynn
Looking to get that edge compared to others in the Healthcare industry? This programme is what will give you that edge and help you reach your goal.
This programme will provide you with the needed skills and knowledge to efficiently work within the specialised field of the Healthcare industry in New Zealand. You will learn various ideas and activities in health promotion, healthcare policies and health research. It also expands on the contexts learned in previous Healthcare programmes in improving the general wellbeing of individuals and their respective families and communities.
Once you complete this programme, you will be eligible to work and apply your knowledge and skills in various healthcare roles within a wide range of various sectors. You will also be eligible for the workplace with pay starting at $24.50!
What You Will Learn:
- Various specialised skills related to the New Zealand health care industry
- In-depth specialist knowledge concerning palliative and geriatric care
- The ability to provide healthcare to a wide variety of communities
- The unique and specific needs, values, and world views of others to avoid inequities and improve healthcare outcomes for all.
Minimum of Level 5 Diploma in Health or associated field and one - year work experience or a level 6 diploma and above of any discipline.
University Entrance or Successful completion of a qualification at Level 5 or above.
Criminal Record Check, Interview and Reference are required.
English Entry Criteria
IELTS Academic score of 6.0 or equivalent with no band less than 5.5 for Students whose first language is not English.
7 papers with 120 credits
Graduates of the Diploma in Community Health Care and Support (Level 7) may be eligible (dependent on a degree from home country, if international) for entry into a variety of further tertiary programmes relating to this field of study, for example:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health, University of Auckland, Massey University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science, University of Canterbury, Auckland University of Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Practice, Waikato Institute of Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management, University of Otago
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health - PGDipPH, University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business in Health Management - PGDipBus , University of Auckland
- Master of Health Sciences, Universities of Otago, Canterbury or Auckland
Graduates of the Diploma in Community Health Care and Support (Level 7) will be able to seek employment in a range of workplaces.
Geriatric: Retirement Villages; Rest Homes; In Home services; Elderly Care Organisations; Acupuncture Clinics; Massage and Reflexology clinics.
Palliative: Hospice; Rest Homes, In-Home services; Retirement Villages; Elderly Care Organisations
Jobs related to this programme - depending on the role some career paths may require further study or registration
- Health Project Manager
- Clinical Service Manager
- Community Health Centre Manager
- Mental Health Sector Manager
- Health and Safety Manager
- Marae, Pasifika or Ethnic Group Health Manager
- Aged Care Centre Manager
- Care Facility Manager
- Client and Care Manager
- Clinic Manager
- Practice Manager
- Health Centre Manager
- Multi-disciplinary Health or Therapy Centre Team Leader
- Community Support Worker
- Community Officer
- Mental Health Worker
- Whanau Support Worker
- Home care Assessor
- Need assessor
- Clinical research assistant
- Psychiatric assistants
- Rehabilitation Coach
- Nursing support Worker
- Research Assistant
- Clinical Research Associate
- Quality Facilitator/Advisor
- Health Promotion Officer
- Health Navigator
- ACC Case Manager
- Senior Communication and Engagement Advisor
- Portfolio Advisor Health Sector Services
- Liaison Officer
- Alcohol and Drug Support Worker
- HLTH6001 Primary Health Care
- HLTH6002 Rehabilitation
- HLTH7001 Professional Practice and Legislation
- HLTH7002 Research for Health Care Practice
- HLTH7003 Geriatric Care
- HLTH7004 Palliative Care – Tiakina Maioha
- HLTH7005 Work Placement